We’re looking for a GROWTH HACKER, someone who looks at the traditional question of “How do I get customers for my product?” and answers with an expertise in marketing, a passion for the digital creation space, and a soft spot for the arts. You spend your days dreaming up creative ways to grow and engage an audience, both online and off, and have the qualitative chops to define and determine the success of your initiatives. You’re as comfortable with obsessing about written copy and creative as you are with A/B/N tests, landing page optimization, social analytics and email deliverability.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING//
- Develop and own our revenue line growth strategy, working closely with our technical team and in constant collaboration with every area of business operations (including marketing, creator relations, and partnerships) to improve our product and grow our user base.
- Develop and drive all digital and non-digital marketing efforts, identifying and analyzing key metrics to evaluate success.
- Oversee audience building, brand adherence, materials, ad ops, referral/affiliate programs, and marketing.
- Work with global marketing leadership (CMO, geographic marketing leads and other executive stakeholders) to establish growth strategies to support our product-line revenue goals.
- Analyze all aspects of our conversion funnel, identify the largest areas for improvement, and implement creative strategies to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Increase our organic audience acquisition for our prospects by 2-3x year over year.
- Develop and implement a rigorous testing process and learning plan to identify effective content marketing and work with our product marketing team to commission new intellectual property/thought pieces to feed a thoughtful content marketing lifecycle to power growth.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE RIGHT FIT//
- You enjoy measuring everything and are focused on optimization, A/B testing and scalability in a relentless pursuit of growth.
- You are able to admit failure and are not scared of pivoting when needed.
- You love constructing and conducting complex data analyses to be used for strategic decisions by stakeholders across the company.
- You know when to stop analyzing and trust your creativity to execute the most interesting campaigns that will grab audience attention.
- You have a bias for action and the hustle to get stuff done.
You will lead testing new messages, new audiences and media/channel combinations in small-scale tests to prove value before moving to full-scale execution. You will develop new ways to achieve growth objectives, reach audiences, and build our brand. You will do this by seeing data from all possible angles, and investigate what data means for real business outcomes and help create customer-centric marketing experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a “full stack” growth hacker with expertise in digital marketing, optimizing customer lifecycle, and leading cross-functional growth teams. This is NOT a general digital marketing role – a strong interest and passion for growth & experimentation is desired.
How You’ll Be Doing This:
- Studying industry best practice and trends to develop and refine the Conversion Optimization Team picture of success, and setting the team’s strategy and direction.
- Define “pain points” and “value propositions” for our customers.
- Clearly articulate customer profiles and audience strategies.
- Infuse The Marketing Cartel’s conversion optimization team with growth marketing DNA, including tempo, scale, and creativity.
- Plan, launch, measure, and optimize programs to grow awareness, conversions and DAUs massively.
- Scale learnings across the enterprise to create the ‘conversion machine’.
- Work with product team to evolve A/B experiments to create customer insights, which are fed back to help prioritize product priorities and the product roadmap.
- Ensure data infrastructure is in place for optimizing the entire customer journey.
- Implement easy KPI tracking and reporting mechanisms to inform strategic goal progress.
- Quickly find information about audiences and how they break down into smaller segments.
- Ready and willing to start a project from the ground up.
- Great trajectory of academic and on-the-job excellence as evidenced through progression with the most challenging educational institutions and brands
- 1-2 years of digital media/marketing experience in a B2B/B2C experience-focused organization with a demonstrated track record of driving results
- Expertise in using conversion rate optimization platforms like Google Analytics and/or Optimizely.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing business growth strategies through digital channels.
- Hands-on experience with best practices in digital marketing including Search Marketing (both SEO and SEM), Social advertising, Email Marketing, and conversion rate optimization.
- Critical thinker capable of generating consistently accurate, useful reports as well as an enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insights relevant to marketing program objectives.
- Must be comfortable working “virtually” with team members outside the immediate environment.
College Intern – Full Semester (or Gap Year/Semester)
Downtown Boston, MA
<< Back To Home